- Monsters and Critics.com, April 27: Book Review: Double Lives by Richard Lingeman A book about great literary friendships, some of which ended in estrangements.
- MiamiHerald.com, April 27: A psychological treasure hunt' BY JUDITH S. GILLIES, Washington Post Service. Stardust: The Bette Davis Story, a documentary that will appear on TCM. Bette Davis and her daughter had been estranged for several years at the time of Bette Davis's death.
- LA Weekly.com.Film & TV, April 26: VAMP TO CAMP BY ROBERT ABELE. In TCM’s new Bette Davis biodoc, Stardust: The Bette Davis Story, the fierce icon makes a comeback.
- USA TODAY, April 23: Deep Inside Deep Throat By Bob Minzesheimer. Review of "A G-Man's Life" by Mark Felt and John O'Connor, the Felt family lawyer. Mark Felt was revealed in an article last year in Vanity Fair to be the "Deep Throat" of Watergate fame. One of the personal stories told in the book is about his estrangement and reconcilation with his daughter.
Posts from April 2006
Some of you are regular visitors. I confess that I am curious what brings you here. If you would like to let me know a bit about what brought you here, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to hear from you. I will keep your information private.
Or you may comment. I have removed the requirement to be a member of Typepad for comments.
- Forward: Stolen Paintings Fueling Family Conflict By MARILYN HENRY April 21, 2006
- The Canadian Jewish News, April 21: "Layton’s daughter recalls belated reunion with mythic father" By JANICE ARNOLD.
- News Telegraph: Her dark materials By Olga Craig (Filed: 16/04/2006). Interview with Abigail Hopkins, 37 year old estranged daughter of the actor Sir Anthony Hopkins.
- Unison: "Just ditch those difficult parents." Tuesday April 18th 2006. Interview with Dr. Laura, radio talk show personality and author of Bad Childhood, Good Life. Registration required to read article but registration is free.
Let's do this once again with this image. Clicking on the image will take you to a page with thumbnail images. Clicking on a thumbnail will bring up a full size image with a caption.
I planted the forsythia years ago when they were just 2 to 3 feet high. There are twenty-eight of them. It took a lot of effort to plant them. It was six weeks before I got them all in. I'd plant four every time I worked at it and then I'd be in physical pain. I'd wait till my joints and muscles recovered and plant another four. I didn't want anyone to help me plant them. It took me from May to July that year. Now they are big and gorgeous in the spring. It was worth it.
Seattle Weekly: Article: Courtney's Family Curse by Tim Appelo: Estranged from her daughter Courtney Love, Linda Carroll went on a journey to find her own mother and wrote a book: Her Mother's Daughter: A Memoir of the Mother I Never Knew and of My Daughter, Courtney Love
With much thanks to my friend, M, for sending me the link.